Theme name: Darkness

Latest verson: vBulletin 4.2.5

Category: Free vBulletin 4 Skins / themes / styles / templates

High quality free vBulletin 4.2 gaming skin.

In version 4.2.5 the border code was replaced to work with newer CSS3, with the older code the borders would not show in many browsers.

If you change the size of the logo (vbulletin4_logo.png) you will need to edit the header template and change the width to keep the logo centered perfectly:

Line 64: <div style="margin:0px auto; padding-top: 65px; width: 155px;">

darkness.png

Preview: Click here

Download: Darkness-ver4.2.5.zip

* Templates may not be redistributed or released on any other site without my permission. *

Click here for a dark premium gaming skin
Click here for a light premium gaming skin

Wow... putting this thing together without a pic to look at is like doing a thousand + piece jig-saw puzzle. It kept me up for two days straight but I forgot how much jig-saw puzzles used to occupy my time many years ago :grandmar: ; specially when the electricity went down, or being grounded to ma room as a youngin.

Actually I got pretty close :clap: but ended up with more vertical lines hangin around than horizontal ones... :confused: Still pluggin away though; took another peak to see where those left over corners I had were suppose to go too. :lol:

Oh yea, Sean, the zip I downloaded didn't have the same top graphics, the pics were the same, but for some reason there were two vertical bars (looked kinda like pedistals) separated the upper pic into three. So I just left it that-a-way. Put some of my own things in the sections anyway (more to the subject of our forums, ie: NWN module).

Off to work on the puzzle... :builder: MMmm... good brain food :workout:

ps: I'm using yahoosite buider to do this with stead of keying in all the codes into, into, ....into... Notepad? See, its just been so long since I actually did anything like this, and then I used Netscape browser to build with. Just sending the pic changes and link for the D/L to my web-hoster, Kragmoor in the hopes he will soon fix our forums page. (Sorry for such a long post, its been a few days; I see y'all are pumpin out the sig pics. Good work too. :D It'll take me decades to catch up to y'all though. :lol:

Question: How do you post more than one sig, not that I have anymore to post, but it may come in handy for the next competition y'all have ;) ?

This may sound like a DUH question, but does this update have anything to do with the ClanzDarkness 2 which is loaded on my forums page?

Hey Shera this style is for vbulletin and your board is using phpBB, so u dont need to apply this update

Okee... thx Sean. One question though, is there a way I can use the same options as you have for this site, ie: the way an individual can reply with all the niceties, ect.? Its a more userfriendly arena for replying to posts than the phpp version and better on the eye. ;)

Not sure Shera as i no longer use phpBB, but i would recommend purchasing vbulletin and transferring your site over, but that is another story.

Hi Sean...I've got some questions about your skin. A couple things are not working on my site that works on here. For example, the pulldown menu on the Search and Quick Links button don't work, the tables below the user name don't show up on my skin (mine just has the letters without the nice table outline), smilies link doesn't work and the 'more' link under the smilies doesn't work, etc. Do I have an old version? I downloaded it only a couple weeks ago. Thanks in advance for your help.

http://classicvanhalen.com/forum

Hello VH,

It might be a couple things that have gone wrong...

I have noticed it seems that you have edited the banner? getting rod of the left side? IF i am right you might have deleted something that you needed....

Also you might have an older version so i would recomend to you to update the current release that Sean has provided...

If worse comes to worse, make a back up of your date and reinstall the theme..

If none of this works, worse comes to worse you will have to wait until Sean returns from Moving 8)

Hi Sean...I've got some questions about your skin. A couple things are not working on my site that works on here. For example, the pulldown menu on the Search and Quick Links button don't work, the tables below the user name don't show up on my skin (mine just has the letters without the nice table outline), smilies link doesn't work and the 'more' link under the smilies doesn't work, etc. Do I have an old version? I downloaded it only a couple weeks ago. Thanks in advance for your help.

http://classicvanhalen.com/forum

Hey dude sorry for the delay, seems to be ok now. I am guessing your problem was you were running an old vbulletin installation maybe 3.5.1 which doesnt support the 3.5.3 version of this skin.

Hello,

My first post here and just wanted to say that this one installed without a hitch. I found this one on vbulletin.org and I'm extremely impressed with it.

The problems I'm having with it though are with the CMPS and the ability to control the modules. I've had to create a jpg line that holds the table wide enough because I'm not sure where to find the CSS or tables which control CMPS so that I can make it work more fluidly. If I remove all the images and the line off the home page the tables are very narrow.

05-15-2006 - Darkness Version 2.3 released

Updated to work with vBulletin 3.5.4

Style is now valid XHTML 1.0 transitional!

Header has been redesigned to fit all screen resolutions

Sorry Propermethodz i must of missed your post :S, u still having problems?

Hi Sean...I've got some questions

Can I translate ur skin to arabic

and i'll keep ur Copyright on it ??

Can i do it ??:drdodgy: :confused: